Best Steam Juicer For You Making Large Quantities & Sterile Juice
- Our Recommend
- What Is a Steam Juicer & How do You Use It?
- Advantages & Disadvantages (Steam Juicer Vs Ordinary Juicer)
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Steamer Juicer
- Detailed Reviews of the Best Steamer Juicers
Whilst many people are familiar with the benefits of regular juicing, very few are familiar with steam juicing. Although a traditional method, steam juicing remains a very efficient method of juice preparation. It offers several advantages to a particular set of people and thus one needs to make serious considerations before deciding to invest in a steam juicer. The juice from steam juicing is described as being smooth and tasty, which means that the process does not compromise the flavor.
The possibilities a steam juicer presents are endless. You can use it to make clear juice for jelly, cider, wine and even liqueur. The final product is usually unsweetened and ready for any use.
Cook N Home NC-00256 Steam Juicer
12.5 x 12.5 x 14.5
Stainless Steel & Aluminum
Norpro Stainless Steamer Juicer
15.2 x 11.5 x 18.5
Euro Cuisine EC9500 Steam Juicer
14.5 x 14.5 x 14.5
What Is a Steam Juicer & How do You Use It?
A steam juicer is low-tech equipment designed to extract juice from fruits and vegetables through use of highly heated vapor. The unit is simply a three-stack of nesting pots, attached with a tube for pouring out the juice. The top pot is made to resemble a colander and holds the fruits or vegetables, allowing steam to penetrate through it. In the middle pot there is an opening that allows steam to rise up through the center and it also acts as a reservoir for collecting the juice. The juice is usually siphoned off from this pot through the attached tube. The bottom pot is where we have the water that creates the steam.
The original idea behind the steam juicer was to heat the juice and destroy the enzymes, to allow you save juice without need for preservatives. The heat causes the cell walls to break down and release the juice from the produce. Steam juicing is a preferred method of juice extraction for those that do not have regular access to fresh produce or those that want to extend its lifetime without need to refrigerate or freeze.
Operating a steam juicer is straightforward and less involving. The ingredients do not need to be peeled or chopped. Begin by filling the bottom pot with water and then place it on the stove and leave it to boil. Proceed to fix the middle pot that collects the juice onto the bottom one. Then rinse your ingredients and place them in the top colander pot and cover. After about 30 minutes, the juice will start to fill the middle pot and take an hour or two to complete the extraction process. Once you see that all ingredients are soft and the juice extracted, drain it up by squeezing the clamp but be careful not to burn yourself. You can then collect the juice in a suitable container, wait for it to cool and then store.
Advantages & Disadvantages (Steam Juicer Vs Ordinary Juicer)
- Steam juicers provide you with a hassle free method to extract juice. Unlike ordinary juicers, this does not require you to peel, slice or chop fruits and vegetables. Although the extraction process takes quite some time, it saves you time at the preparation stage and requires minimal supervision.
- Steam juicers are easy to use and clean. Compared to ordinary juicers, they do not include complicated parts such as blades, motors and controls. All parts can be washed under running water as well.
- Probably, the biggest advantage steam juicers have over typical juicers is that the juice extracted can be stored for a long time and is completely pulp-free. Most juicers have a pulp control mechanism but this is not always efficient. The steam juicer on the other hand is designed in a way that only allows the liquid to flow to the collecting, separating juice from pulp.
- Steam juicers feature a basic technology and thus tend to be affordable compared to ordinary juicers. Additionally, they can be multi-functional as they can still be used to steam foods and to prepare jellies and jams.
- Steam Juicing uses heat which kills the health benefits of many fruits and vegetables. This factor is perhaps why they are not so popular. To enjoy the powerful healing benefits of fruits and vegetables, you need to consume fresh juice and this makes the ordinary juicers more preferable.
- Most juicers can be used on a wide variety of produce. However, steam juicers can only be used with certain fruits such as peaches, berries, grapes, apricots, apples, cherries, pears, rhubarb and raspberries. The above fruits are ideal since they are soft enough to have their cell walls broken down easily in the process.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Steamer Juicer
It is important to consider how much a steam juicer can make a go before settling to buy it. Note that the extraction time of a steam juicer is fairly long and thus you want something that can make enough amounts of juice with less rounds.
Construction and Design
How a steam juicer is built translates to its quality and durability. The construction should be from high quality materials that enhance the performance of the juicer. The design on the other hand should be friendly to give you a smooth experience during use.
This may not directly influence the quality of steam juicer you buy but it is an important consideration nonetheless. Buy a product that is within your range but still offers absolute value. While deciding on your budget, look at the overall benefits the product is promising and then determine whether they are commensurate to what you are paying.
Detailed Reviews of the Best Steamer Juicers
CHAMPION: Cook N Home NC-00256 Juicer Steamer
The Cook N Home NC-00256 juicer steamer is a well thought-out product that aims to give you value for your money and a pleasant juicing experience. The steam juicer comes with an impressive 11-quart capacity that gives you plenty of room to prepare large amounts of juice. It features a quality and sturdy construction that makes it reliable as well as durable. Besides making great tasting and long lasting juicers, the product can be used to make jellies and jams. With the center pot and tube removed, the juicer also acts as a food steamer, allowing you do more. Cook N Home Steam juicer lives up to its expectations and stands above other products in so many ways.
Features and Specifications
- Stainless Steel Construction: The steam juicer is constructed from high grade stainless that gives it a sleek and attractive finish. This ensures that the appliance will not chip, rust or stain easily and thus guarantee durability. In addition, the stainless steel material preserves the flavor of food, as it is unlikely to leach or react with foods, even when exposed to high temperatures.
- Aluminum-clad Base: The bottom layer of the appliance consists of a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. This ensures that there is fast and even distribution of heat.
- Side Loop Handles: The steam juicer has side loop handles on each pot to ensure safe and secure handling even while hot.
- Cover Lid: This is important as it keeps moisture, heat and nutrients within the steamer. The secure-fitting lid also has a loop handle.
- Ensuring Health: The tube meant for siphoning juice from the collecting pot is surgical grade, thus ensuring your good health.
- The Cook N Home NC-00256 is well constructed with quality material that makes it durable.
- It can comfortably fit on the top of most stoves.
- Cleaning the steam juicer is easy and takes a short time as there are no complicated parts.
- The juicer comes with an instruction and recipe booklet to help first time users learn the way around it.
- Has a large capacity that makes it suitable for preparing large amounts of juice.
- Has dual functionality. It can be both a juicer and food steamer.
- It maintains fast and even distribution of heat thus reducing energy wastage.
- The included lid is not transparent, making it impossible to access the progress of extraction without opening the steam juicer.
This is an impressive product with lots to love. It well built and performs its functions efficiently. The Cook N Home NC-00256 steam juicer is perfect for any person looking forward to making great tasting juices that can lose longer as well as other fruit products such as jellies and jams. Its long lifetime is something many buyers continue to appreciate as well as its ease of use.
RUNNER-UP: Norpro Stainless Steamer& Juicer
Enjoy the functions of both a steamer and juicer with this beautiful and shiny stainless steel appliance. Norpro is easy to use appliance that promises to bring in more functionality into your kitchen. Its stainless steel design not only makes it durable but also gives it a chic modern look that easily blends in into any kitchen.
Features and Specifications
- Professional Stainless Steel Construction with 3-ply Encapsulated Base: The stainless steel construction gives the unit an attractive and quality finish that does not react with foods. Additionally, the aluminum core at the base is put between stainless steel layers to ensure even distribution of heat.
- Multi-functional: Besides making juice the unit can be used for steaming foods such as poultry, seafood and vegetables. The bottom pot can also be used as a cookware on its own for making stews, soups and even for baking as it’s oven safe to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Glass Cover Lid: Norpro Steamer & Juicer features a tempered glass lid that makes it possible to monitor the cooking process without lifting. This is handy in ensuring moisture and heat do not escape the unit throughout the cooking process.
- Large Capacity: The unit includes a 11.75Qt steamer pot, a 4Qt juice container and 7.25Qt water pot that ensures you can comfortably prepare both small and large amounts of juice, including other foods.
- It is a multi-purpose steam juicer that steams, cooks, bakes and at the extract juice.
- The Norpro Stainless Steel unit is durable and easy to clean.
- Features and instruction booklet with a variety of recipes to ensure you make the most out of the unit.
- It comes with a rubber tube and clamp that ensures mess free juice extraction.
- No straining is needed as the steamer filters out all the pulp from the juice.
- Includes side looped handles in each pot for safe and easy carrying.
- The positioning of the pipe is slightly high and this makes it difficult to get all the juice out without tilting the unit.
Norpro Stainless Steel Steamer & Juicer gives customers absolute value for their money by introducing numerous possibilities into the kitchen. Besides being multi-functional it is also durable, easy to use and performs efficiently.
3RD PLACE: Euro Cuisine EC9500 Steam Juicer
Finding a quality product at a bargain price may seem impossible, but the Euro Cuisine EC9500 Stove Top Steam Juicer changes this notion. The unit is constructed used quality and strong materials giving you something that will serve you quite long. The steam juicer comes packed with the relevant features and still manages to remain aesthetically appealing.
Features and Specifications
- Professional Stainless Steel Construction: The juicer features 18/10 grade stainless steel that is durable, easy to clean and does not leach. The stainless steel also ensures fast and even distribution of heat.
- Can be Used on Any Stove Top: The Euro Cuisine EC9500 Steam Juicer can comfortably be used on any type of stove. It works with gas, electric and even induction cooktops.
- Versatile: When not making juice, the unit can be used to steam vegetables, meats and other foods. This makes it a valuable investment as you are getting the convenience of two appliances from just one unit.
- Easy to Use and Clean: The product does not feature any complicated parts. Setting it up is easy and so is cleaning it. The parts are dishwasher safe.
- Quality Yield Extraction: Its design will ensure that the steam reaches all the ingredients to allow for maximum juice extraction.
- The unit comes with a vented lid that includes handles. Each pot also has side looped handles for added safety.
- The product is easy to use and clean.
- The stainless steel construction makes the unit strong and durable.
- It can be used both as a food steamer and a juicer.
- Features a specially designed spigot rather than a plastic or rubber tubing for draining the juice.
- All the parts fit snugly to ensure that no heat or steam escapes the unit.
- The exterior surface gets hot and thus you risk burning yourself.
In comparison with other competing models, this is a great product with a good quality to price ratio. It is nicely manufactured, performs well and above all looks great.
If you desire to make large quantities of juice, jelly or wine or have decided to bottle and store your own juice, then a steam juicer will come in handy. The unique extracting method of a steam juicer creates a sterile juice that can be easily stored for long. You can be sure to always have your favorite juice even when the ingredients are out of season and still enjoy the same delicious taste. However, in order to reap maximum benefits from a steam juicer ensure that you carry out detailed research on the market to find out which suits your needs best.