- Our Recommend
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Tomato Juicer
- Detailed Reviews of The Best Tomato Juicers
- The Nutrition of Tomato Juice
- How to Make Tomato Juice Taste Better
A tomato juicer has numerous benefits that a blender or food processor lacks when it comes to making healthy and great tasting tomato juices. However, there is no one tomato juicer that will work for everyone, as different individuals anticipate different results from their tomatoes. To get a good tomato juicer you first need to understand your needs and the various options available in the market. With a good machine making tomato juice becomes a simple task and with more benefits. One big advantage of having a juicer is that it helps get rid of pulp from the tomato juice by eliminating skin and seeds so that you get a smooth juice with great taste.
VICTORIO VKP250 Tomato Juicer
12 x 8.5 x 20
Stainless Steel, Aluminum and Plastic
Apple/Tomato Screen, Standard Spiral, plastic Pusher, and Instruction and Recipe booklet
STX INTERNATIONAL STX-1800-MG Tomato Juicer
14 x 7.5 x 11.5
Premier Stainless Steeltom domains
A Size #12 Grinding Head, 3 Stainless Steel Cutting Blades, 3 Sizes of Tempered/Hardened Steel Grinding Plates, a Set of 3 Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes with Adapter, a Kubbe Attachment and a Tomato Juicer Attachment.
Roma Electric Tomato Strainer
23 x 9 x 9
Stainless Steel, Aluminum and Plastic
Three stainless steel straining screens
Factors to Consider When Buying a Tomato Juicer
There is no universal juice designed to juice all kind of produces. This is because ingredients differ in characteristics, there are those that are soft and contain lots of juice and there are harder ones with less liquid content. Since tomatoes are soft and contain many seeds, it is advisable to find a suitable machine in order to achieve quality results. Here are some important factors to consider when buying a tomato juice strainer:
Mode of Operation
Juicer strainers have two major modes of operation. They can be manual or electric. The type of operation you choose narrows down to what you prefer and how you intend to use the strainer. For home use, a manual strainer will be suitable as it is economical and easy to use. However, for commercial purposes you may need a strainer with an electrically powered motor to save your hands the strain suffered when preparing large amounts of produce. Keep in mind that strainers work by forcing food through a frustum-shaped screen, with the help of a spiral conveyor. Therefore the amount of ingredients that reach down to the screen will depend on how much force is applied on the spiral conveyor.
This will usually depend on how much juice you intend to make and how often. Different brands and models of strainers have different capacities and it is always up to you to make the decision. A strainer with medium capacity is recommended as it can then be used for both small and large amount of juice.
In most cases price is the determining factor for most people when choosing a tomato juice strainer. However, as much as you want a product that will not hurt your pockets, remember to take note of the overall value a product offers before committing to it. The quality and performance of the product you choose should be commensurate with the amount invested. Durability also needs to be considered, as you do not want to buy a product that will damage prematurely.
Do you want an appliance that is solely dedicated to tomato juicing or would you like more versatile options? Most strainers are multi-functional featuring additional attachments that allow you carry out other functions as grinding and making sauces. Decide on what features are most important to you and make sure to have them present in your product of choice. Getting a strainer with the relevant features will ensure that you have an easy and pleasant time using it as well as enjoy quality results. For an even more improved experience consider additional features such as automated functions which make a strainer even more convenient and friendly to use.
Construction and Design
Buying a tomato strainer is an important investment and thus you need a guarantee that you are getting something that will last and still maintain high performance. The construction and design of a strainer has influence to how durable it is. Consider the materials used and whether they are food grade to ensure that they do not react with your ingredients. Additionally, all parts should have a smooth finish and fit together well.
Detailed Reviews of The Best Tomato Juicers
1. VICTORIO VKP250 Food Strainer and Sauce Maker
The VKP250 is a well-designed strainer and sauce maker that guarantees you efficiency in the kitchen. With this product you can easily prepare fresh and delicious sauces at the comfort of your home with little trouble. It spares you the trouble of peeling and coring as it quickly separates fruit or vegetable puree from skins, seeds and stems. The design is simple and gives you the option of operating it manually or with the help of a VKP250-M motor. Besides sauces and purees, the strainer can also be used to make jams and juices, all without compromising on their taste and nutritional value.
- The VKP250 features stainless steel apple and tomato screens.
- Gives users the option to use with the Victorio Food Strainer Motor.
- It includes a one piece food hopper.
- Has an improved and comfortable handle design for easy cranking.
- Food strainer sauce maker comes with extended waste funnel.
- Has a clamp on base for secure mounting to table or counter.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Includes instruction/recipe booklet that helps first time owners have an easy time.
- Sturdy cast aluminum body and stainless steel screens offer superior durability.
- It is easy to assemble and disassemble.
- The strainer is very easy to use as it does not include complicated controls or parts.
- The manual design can be quite tiresome, especially when processing large amounts of food.
2. STX INTERNATIONAL STX-1800-MG Meat Grinder and Tomato Juicer
Constructed from stainless steel, the STX-1800-MG weighs around 13 pounds and offers you the convenience of grinding meat as well as juicing tomatoes. The appliance is designed with the user in mind and aims to provide a pleasant experience. Its stainless steel housing not only enhances durability but also gives it a chic appearance that will easily blend in with any kitchen theme. The grinder and juicer works fast and is simple to use and includes a number of features and accessories that make it versatile and fulfilling.
- STX-1800-MG has a size 12 inches cast aluminum grinding head that includes a 2 1/8 inches aluminum meat pan with a The large pan allows for a large amount of produce to be fed to the grinding plates at once and thus reduces preparation time.
- The product has an excellent cooling system that ensures the motor functions optimally. The induction cooling system eliminates noise while the 3000 watts motor is running and allows you grind and juice more without any worries of overheating.
- To allow for versatility, the product features 3 steel grinding plates; fine, medium and coarse. The plates are 2 5/8 inches to allow large output.
- Be in full control of the STX-1800-MG by choosing from 3 available speeds; reverse, low and high. The low and high speed are for detailed grinding and controlling efficiency, while the reverse speed is used to prevent the machine from clogging/jamming.
- For efficient juicing, the meat grinder includes juicer attachments.
- It is easy to clean thanks to the stainless steel body and parts.
- Has an attractive design and sleek appearance allowing you store it at the countertop.
- It is ideal for grinding up chicken and other ingredients for making pet food.
- Has the ability to grind through chicken wings, legs and carcasses.
- It does not jam up.
- Grinds very quickly.
- Includes tomato juicer attachments.
- The plastic ring that is used to attach the grinder tube is a weak material that tends to break after a few uses.
- It is slightly bulky and thus not suitable for moving around.
3. Roma Electric Tomato Strainer
Roma eases your task in the kitchen by doing away with peeling or coring of fresh fruits and vegetables before juicing. The strainer is designed to quickly isolate fruits’ skin and juice from the juice and pulp to give you juices with a smooth texture and great taste. You can easily prepare delicious tomato sauces, jams, juices and soups with the appliance without comprising on nutritional value or freshness. Roma has a compact and easy to use design that makes great for all kind of people and kitchen spaces. Have a more relaxed time in the kitchen preparing your favorite refreshments just within a short time.
- The strainer comes equipped with a powerful 200 watt motor that ensures maximum and efficient performance.
- For the impressive peeling and coring operation, Roma features a forward and reverse operation. Therefore there is no more getting stuck in the middle of juicing as you can easily unclog the appliance and kick on.
- It includes a Tamper that ensures food is safely pushed into the strainer to avoid making a mess of the kitchen during the extraction process.
- Comes with 3 screens to deliver the right consistency. They include: stainless steel for pumpkin, tomato/berry and salsa.
- It is easy to clean. The safe plastic chute and hopper can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Roma Tomato Strainer is versatile. It can be used to prepare baby foods, juices, soups and jams all with great efficiency.
- Relieves you of the task of peeling or coring produce before you can use them.
- The strainer carefully isolates fruits’ skin and seeds from the juice and pulp.
- It comes with a one year manufacturer warranty.
- It can process a large number of tomatoes quickly and offers maximum yield extraction.
- The machine sits too low, making it impossible to place a large bowl under the spout.
- Some users report a problem with the design and construction that causes juice to leak back along the drive shaft into the motor housing.
The Nutrition of Tomato Juice
Often mistaken to be a vegetable, tomatoes are fruits rich in potent nutrients that can be easily added to your diet. Tomatoes are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help keep the body at optimum function. The antioxidants in tomatoes help prevent heart attacks and reduce a risk of heart disease. A special type of antioxidant named lycopene is also present and it destroys free radicals in the body that cause conditions such as cancer and macular degeneration. Lycopene is also great for the skin as it prevents wrinkles and slows down the aging process.
Including tomato juice in your daily diet will also assist in managing your weight and improving your overall heath. Tomato juice stimulates your metabolism and subdues hunger, which may eventually lead to weight loss. Additionally, tomato juice considerably increases the amount of energy you have, allowing you go about the day with added vigor. To enjoy all these benefits, juicing remains the best and easiest option as it lets you consume a high quantity of tomatoes at once, therefore you end up getting more nutrients. Read more about tomato juice benefits at here: 20 Amazing Health Benefits of Tomatoes.
How to Make Tomato Juice Taste Better
Tomato juice tends to have a mildly bitter flavor which may make it unpleasant to some people. However, you can use a variety of ingredients to improve the flavor of tomato juice. If you prefer to have your juice sweeter, consider adding sugar or natural sugar substitutes during preparation or serving. Alternatively, you can make the juice spicy by adding hot sauces such as Worcestershire and tobacco. You can also add other fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, celery and cucumber to improve the taste of your tomato juice. Herbs and spicy powders can be added as well. However, while these methods promise to add a distinct flavor based on your liking, you need to first find out how much of each ingredient to add. Most of the ingredients should be used only in moderation as you do not want them to override the taste and flavor of tomatoes. 7 delicious tomato juice recipes for you.
A tomato juicer will help bring in more flavor and nutrients to your family. While finding a juicer solely dedicated to tomato juicing may not be easy, be open to buying juicers and appliances with versatile functionality that can still allow you prepare great tomato juices. Remember that Rome was not built in a day, you therefore have to exercise great patience and conduct in-depth research before finally choosing a juicing machine for tomatoes.